Two Special Economic Zones (SSE) have their registered offices in this region, namely:
- The Special Economic Zone EURO-PARK MIELEC (www.europark.com.pl)
- The Tarnobrzeska Special Economic Zone EURO-PARK WISŁOSAN (www.tsse.pl)
Entrepreneurs can enjoy the following benefits in SSE:
- Tax exemption (CIT or PIT),
- Investment lot - completely prepared and at a competitive price,
- Free assistance with formalities related to the investment,
- Real estate tax exemption (in some districts)
Investors who obtain a business activity license in the zone and invest at least 100,000 euro will gain the right to income tax exemption to the maximum amount accepted by the European Union law. The qualifying costs to be entitled to regional aid in the Special Economic Zone (SSE), i.e. costs on the basis of which the maximum amount of tax exemption is granted, are for instance the costs of a new investment or the labour costs of newly engaged employees.
The amount of tax exemption on account of the new investment, or new workplaces created, amounts to 50% of investment expenditures/ or two years’ labour cost for large entrepreneurs; 60% in the case of medium size entrepreneurs, and 70% for small entrepreneurs. Those who want to take advantage of the exemption must run their business activity and maintain fixed assets/ newly created workplaces for 5 years in the case of large entrepreneurs or 3 years for small and medium-sized entrepreneurs.
The amount of regional aid which can be obtained by entrepreneurs in the Podkarpackie Region is among the highest in Poland.